- What information do we collect from you?
- Why do we collect this information?
- How long do we keep hold of your information?
- Who might we share your information with?
- How is your data stored and kept secure?
- What are your rights?
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, title, address, country of residence or work, email address, phone number, financial information, company name and any other information you may provide to us.
- Information we collect from your use of our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information: Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; log in; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), click stream to, through and from our website, including date and time; cookie number; pages viewed or searched for; and your site history;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information from other sources, including:
- Retailers, trading partners, sponsors and marketing campaign operators who may send us personal data. Those entities may provide you with a form or link to sign up to hear from us. In those circumstances we will receive your information directly from you;
- If you are a retailer or employee of a business, we may collect publicly available information from your website or from professional networks such as LinkedIn.
- We may obtain personal information in other ways, for example during contract negotiations with you or at meetings, conferences or trade shows or from third parties who have the legal obligation to pass on to us personal information, in compliance with the applicable data protection law.
- Special Categories: We do not collect or process special categories of personal data such as information about your ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, or your health, genetic or biometric data. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
- Pursuant to a contract in order to:
- process information at your request to take steps to enter into a contract;
- provide you with our products and services;
- process payments;
- make deliveries;
- maintain business and service continuity;
- send service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by post or by phone. These will include notifications about changes to our service; and
- On the basis of your consent:
- Where we rely on your consent for processing this will be brought to your attention when the information is collected from you;
- Where you have requested information from us then we will provide you with that information on the basis of your consent, For example if you ask us to send you further information about us, platinum and/or platinum-related investments or other products or to contact you;
- If you have consented to us sending you marketing communications you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
- In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business we will process information in order to:
- provide you with a personalised service and to personalise our website for you;
- improve our products and services;
- keep our site and systems safe and secure;
- understand our customer base and purchasing trends;
- understand trends in the platinum trade;
- invite you to events you may be interested in;
- defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints; and
- understand the effectiveness of our communications and marketing.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
- To comply with legal requirements relating to:
- the provision of products and services;
- data protection;
- health and safety;
- assisting law enforcement; and
- any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements, as relevant. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information.
- In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
For the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with:
- The following categories of third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- subsidiaries, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- email service providers for the purposes of sending out our publications;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services;
- Third party hosting platforms.
- Any member of our group, which includes our overseas offices and group companies for the purpose of inviting you to events or sending you our communications, as set out when your information is collected for this purpose.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
At Platinum Guild International, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on our secure servers.
Our Headquarters are in Hong Kong and we have a number of offices globally. Your data may be transferred internationally for the purposes set out in this policy. Additionally, we may use third party processors located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where applicable, we will ensure that adequate safeguards are in place for your personal data when it is transferred outside of the EEA.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. More information is available by contacting us.
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You may have the following rights under the applicable data protection legislation (depending on what data protection legislation applies to our processing of your data). You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at Suite 2901-02, Global Trade Square, 21 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Hong Kong OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. to opt-out from our mailing list by click the “unsubscribe” button in our mails or email us at email@example.com;
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- To ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
We use the following cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|PHPSESSID||Strictly necessary||Default PHP session cookie as our site uses PHP||End of session|
|Cookie_notice_accepted||functionality||So the site remembers you have accepted cookies||One year|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Platinum Guild International Hong Kong Limited Suite 2901-2, Global Trade Square, No. 21, Wong Chuk Hang Road, Hong Kong.